Tel: 029 2086 6001
Email us

Do you need help with...

  • Family Law
  • Residental Conveyancing
  • Wills & Probate
  • Landlords & Tenant
  • Civil Litigation
Please follow this link to see a map of our location

Family Law

Our family team has experience in dealing with step-parent Adoptions, adoption by relatives and adoption following care proceedings. Legal Aid may be available for those financially eligible or alternatively our client rates are always competitive. The same specialist advice, quality of service and representation are provided whichever way your case is funded to ensure the procedure runs smoothly.

Child Care.
Christopher Greaves within our Family Department is a member of the Law Society’s Advanced Family Panel and has vast experience representing parents, grandparents, children and extended family members in relation to Social Services involvement with children.

We can support you throughout Social Services involvement with your family. If you receive a letter suggesting the local authority are considering whether to issue proceedings then we can, advise and represent you at such meetings. Often court proceedings can be avoided if the correct advice and actions are put into place at this stage. If proceedings cannot be avoided then we can advise and represent you during Child Care Proceedings including Applications for Supervision or Care Orders.

If a child is being looked after by the local authority then we can advise and also represent family members seeking contact with a child in care, and all also applications for discharge of care orders.

It is important to note that legal aid remains available subject to financial eligibility in cases being brought by or taken against social services.

Contrary to common belief there is no legal concept of “common law husband/wife”. As more and more couples choose to live together and not marry, we are increasingly dealing with numerous disputes following relationship breakdown. The law in relation to cohabitees is complex and you will require specialist advice.

Our Family Department can advise you upon the extent of your interest in a jointly owned property or whether you have acquired an interest in property owned solely by your partner. If you are considering moving in with a partner or purchasing a property together where you are making a greater financial contribution we can provide you with comprehensive advice at the outset to protect your interest and to potentially avoid a dispute in the future.

When a marriage comes to an end it can have profound implications for all family members. Whether you want to start proceedings or your husband or wife is looking to divorce you we can help you steer a course through all the difficulties that arise.

We can advise you on the legal issues that need to be dealt with to obtain a decree of divorce or separation. We can also advise you on how best to deal with financial issues to try to achieve the best outcome for yourself and your family.

We can also help with any difficulties that arise over the arrangements for the children. The lawyers in our family department have many years experience in dealing with divorces and the issues that arise in respect of finances and children. We always aim to deal with cases in a way that best meets the needs of our Clients.

We look to help you through the stresses of this difficult time in a way that achieves your aims, and protects your interests. We always look to help clients resolve any dispute but if this is not possible can provide you with the specialist legal advice and representation that you need if your case goes to court.

Domestic Violence.
Violence and emotional abuse in a family relationship is always a sensitive issue but one where immediate specialist advice should be sought. Injunctions are available to prevent someone from using violence against you, threatening violence or harassing you.

In addition in certain situations an injunction can be obtained to exclude one party from occupying the home. Our family team can provide specialist advice in this area and ensures proceedings are issued promptly where necessary.

We also have a 24 hour telephone line for emergency situations.