We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Legal Secretary to join the Residential Conveyancing Department. The person appointed will:
· Opening and managing case files on the firm’s case management and accounts software databases and closing the same to keep their file lists cleansed, current and up to date
· Management of case files as directed by fee earner including maintenance of correspondence and diaries in accordance with the procedures set out in the Office Manual to comply with SQM, CQS and SRA requirements (e.g. OFR)
· Establishing a rapport with and satisfying the requirements of the clients
· To provide Secretarial support to nominated fee earner
· To ensure efficient processing of work within agreed priorities.
· To ensure that no file inactivity or backlog situations arise.
· To help the firm achieve its fee targets
· To help the firm maintain high levels of quality and to achieve SQM and CQS and maintain it
· Typing of legal documents and letters
· Dealing with telephone calls and messages
· Opening new client and matter files and closing them
· Keeping files up to date
· Photocopying if required
· Creating cheque requests
· Monitoring key dates, diaries and managing appointments.
· Arranging meetings and contacting service providers as required.
· Dealing personally with clients and on the telephone
· Matching incoming post to relevant files
· Maintenance of a bring forward diary
· Use office equipment and software properly including the use and protection of passwords
· Maintain cleanliness in the work place and efficient work place organisation
· Maintain SRA , CQS and SQM compliant files
· Ensure client confidentiality at all times
· Ensure no conflict of interest arises
External Relationships: (non-exhaustive list)
· Estate Agents and other Providers of Services
· Mortgage Companies
Skills, Knowledge Experience, and Qualifications:
· Excellent communication and people-handling skills
· Computer literacy/word processing/Excel/Database
· Organisational ability and time management
· Client Care and SRA requirements
· Experience of working within a legal environment
Salary and benefits:
The position is offered on a permanent full-time basis.
· Salary according to experience.
· 20 days annual leave plus normal Bank Holidays.